Creating a Network
Do you really need to go it alone?
A lot of folks think that being an independent consultant means you work alone – which is not true! You can choose to, of course, but the reality is that you can potentially make more money by working with others to provide a wider array of services to a potential client. The biggest issues in doing this well are finding good people with whom to associate; having clear expectations and structure; and agreeing on a fair split of the consulting fees.
By the end of our work together, you will have decided how you want to work with associates, learned how to invite them into your practice, and determined a fair way to negotiate and split compensation when working together for a client.
Virtual or in-person consultations on YOUR terms, with your potential associates included as desired
- Determine what you WANT in an associate – including values, skills, involvement, etc.
- Identify the different types of associate relationships and the legal ramifications for each.
- Use a 6-Step process to identify and contract with Associates, including:
- Clarifying and communicating clear business values.
- Legal agreements for subcontracting.
- Negotiating financial arrangements.
- Checking in to ensure mutual benefit to both clients and you.
What You Get
- Practical Advice
You will get advice based on Cathy’s real-life learning and experience over 30 years in hiring and working with associates, to help you select the right people with whom to work, to strengthen your brand and long-term success.
- A Methodic Approach
You will get a step-by-step practical guide on how to prepare for, identify, negotiate, and contract with a potential associate for mutual benefit.
- Enhanced Confidence
Gain confidence in your ability to negotiate well and be clear about your expectations and boundaries in working with others
- Free FIZZ
Get a copy of FIZZ! How to Succeed as an Independent Consultant (2019) with much more detail on sample contracts, insurance issues, financial arrangements, etc.
Simply send an email or call 952-831-4131 in the United States. Cathy will follow up with you within 48 hours to answer your questions and schedule your next step as appropriate.